[News] KDE SC 4.4 Getting Closer to Release (Weeks Away)

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC 4.4 Getting Closer to Release (Weeks Away)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 03:16:18 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE SC 4.4 branched, trunk reopens

,----[ Quote ]
| So tonight, release-team-hero Dirk has
| branched off KDE SC 4.4 from trunk. Let
| quickly explain what this means. Trunk/ is
| a directory in KDEâs SVN repository, the
| central place holding where all the code
| from different contributors spread across
| our planet comes together. In a big team
| like KDE, we need some coordination to be
| actually able to release our software
| packages once in a while. Since the release
| of KDE 4.0.0, a typical KDE release cycle
| takes 6 months. Roughly 4 months of
| development, followed by about 2 months of
| stabilization and testing towards a
| release. In the stabilization period, which
| starts with the feature and string freeze,
| only bugfixes and code improvements are
| allowed. This is also the period where we
| release regular test releases, in our case
| a beta1, right after the feature freeze,
| and a second beta (happened shortly before
| christmas). The next test release is coming
| soon, which is -rc1.
`----

http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/01/kde-sc-4-4-branched-trunk-reopens/

Making Firefox 3.x Look at Home in KDE4 (Part II)

,----[ Quote ]
| Back a few mere months ago, we wrote about
| how to make Firefox 3.x look at home in KDE
| Software Compilation 4.X. To date, this has
| been the most-viewed article on The Blue
| Mint. The reason is clear: People like
| Firefox. Be it the extensions, familiarity,
| general responsiveness (that gets better
| with each release), or the cross-platform
| compatibility, Firefox is here to stay. And
| it remains the flagship web browser of
| choice within the GNU/Linux playing field.
|
| [...]
|
| To install, simply download the theme, open
| Dolphin (or Konqueror) and drag the
| downloaded file into the Firefox Add-ons
| window. Take a look at the screen shots to
| see what you think.
`----

http://thebluemint.blogspot.com/2010/01/making-firefox-3x-look-at-home-in-kde4.html

On KDE 4.3.3

,----[ Quote ]
| All kinds of apps that I have some idea
| about, but only from "the other side of the
| fence," things I've only read about in the
| gtk+ world. On the other hand . . . as long
| as my existing gtk+ apps are integrated
| visually into KDE (thanks to QtCurve) and
| "just work," maybe I don't need to
| duplicate my entire Xfce environment?
`----

http://blogs.gentoo.org/nightmorph/2010/01/07/on-kde-4-3-3

Recent:

Exciting Speaker Schedule for Camp KDE 2010

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/12/17/exciting-speaker-schedule-camp-kde-2010