[News] A Look at Distinct (Super Light) GNU/Linux Distribution: SliTaz

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Distinct (Super Light) GNU/Linux Distribution: SliTaz
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 03:17:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cooking with SliTaz â An Innovative (and TINY!) Linux OS

,----[ Quote ]
| With the fact that everything run in RAM and
| the low number of packages in the online wok,
| I doubt youâd want to install SliTaz as your
| main desktop OS, but I donât think thatâs what
| itâs for. Iâve used distros similar in design
| philosophy (such as Damn Small Linux) to do
| things like system recovery, partitioning and
| virus scanning, and thatâs just the place
| SliTaz would shine as well. Grabbing some
| additional packages and rolling a new USB
| flavor could easily add some power to any tech
| toolkit.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/cooking-with-slitaz-an-innovative-and-tiny-linux-os/2010/01/07

Recent:

Slitaz Linux: Zero to Distro in 30 MB!

,----[ Quote ]
| SliTaz has potential and the active
| community required to take things to the
| next step. SliTaz isnât fancy but it
| provides a wonderful environment to log in
| and accomplish most tasks. SliTaz (Simle
| Light Incredible Temporary Autonomous
| Zone) is definitely the distro I will
| think about next time I need something for
| older hardware or a small rescue utility.
| SliTaz simply does not have what it takes,
| though, to be my new desktop Linux of
| choice. Ubuntu and Slackware will continue
| to own that title. Fortunately, none of
| what I see as necessary improvements
| impact the usability of the distro.
| Keeping track of SliTaz
| (http://forum.slitaz.org) is easy and I
| really look forward to hearing more as
| time goes on.
`----

http://linuxologist.com/reviews/slitaz-linux-zero-to-distro-in-30-mb/

Slitaz 2 - 30MB of joy

,----[ Quote ]
| Compared to version 1.0, Slitaz is an improvement. It's more refined and
| polished, better looking, more intuitive to use, and simplifies a number of
| important system functions with friendly GUIs. Samba sharing has also been added.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/slitaz-2.html

SliTaz 2.0: Simple, Speedy, and Secure

,----[ Quote ]