[News] Linux Gains Amazing Ground in Phones, Shows CES

  • Subject: [News] Linux Gains Amazing Ground in Phones, Shows CES
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 03:39:11 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Hands on: Lenovo Lephone review

,----[ Quote ]
| Lenovo CEO Yang Yuanqing introduced the
| handset by saying he believed the âLephone
| is the best device in this category.â The
| handset is a looker, with an 800Ã400 pixel
| screen and a proprietary Linux-based OS.
`----

http://ces2010.techradar.com/2010/01/07/hands-on-lenovo-lephone-review/

Dell Rings The Smartphone Bell

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell's smartphone further strengthens
| Linux's position in the smartphone segment.
| Dell already has deals with major mobile
| operators around the globe including the
| worldâs largest, China Mobile. Dell has
| similar deals with Claro in Brazil.
`----

http://katonda.com/news/451/dell-rings-smartphone-bell

WebOS Phones Coming to AT&T

,----[ Quote ]
| AT&T followed up the announcement that it
| will soon offer five Android-based
| smartphones with another piece of news: the
| carrier will offer two Palm webOS phones
| "soon."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/186072/webOS_phones_on_att.html?tk=rss_news

AT&T Joins the Android Party

,----[ Quote ]
| At long last, AT&T customers can experience
| some of the Android madness. At the AT&T
| Developer Summit at CES in Las Vegas, the
| carrier announced that five Android-based
| smartphones are debuting on the network in
| the first half of 2010.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/186046/ATT_joins_android_party.html?tk=rss_news

AT&T Hedges Bets, Adds Android and WebOS

,----[ Quote ]
| AT&T is embracing the Google Android and
| Palm WebOS operating systems--adding a
| total of seven new handsets in 2010 built
| on the new mobile operating systems. With
| speculation that its iPhone exclusivity
| will soon end, AT&T is expanding its
| portfolio, but AT&T is at a disadvantage
| and it may be too late to start hedging
| bets.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/bizfeed/186181/atandt_hedges_bets_adds_android_and_webos.html?tk=rss_news

There is too much good news for Linux, so I'm just groping these victories together in
larger posts.

Windows is dying here:

Windows Mobile glitch dates 2010 texts 2016

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft on Tuesday said it is investigating
| reports of a glitch causing some Windows
| Mobile devices to attach the wrong date to
| incoming SMS messages.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-378427.html

Recent: