[News] Linux Gains in Attraction Among Device Developers

  • Subject: [News] Linux Gains in Attraction Among Device Developers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:18:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Androids, Tablets and Skylights, Oh My: The Q&A

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: What does the choice of ARM over x86 mean
| in practical terms?
|
| A: Well, it affects the software selection,
| most obviously. Most Linux distributionsâ
| support for the ARM chipset is minimal:
| Ubuntu, for example, only supports two flavors
| of ARM chips, and the known issues list is
| grim reading. Which is likely why Qualcomm
| (whoâs been hiring for this), Lenovo or both
| seem to have created their own flavor of
| Linux, with âwidgetsâ and a task oriented
| interface.
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2010/01/07/androids-tablets-and-skylights-oh-my-the-qa/

ITTIA and Trident Infosol partnership delivers lightweight embedded RDBMS for the Indian market

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to embedded database expertise,
| Trident Infosol offers services for popular
| embedded development tools and operating
| systems, such as Linux.
`----

http://www.ittia.com/news/press/2010/jan/trident-infosol

Recent: