[News] A Look at Sidux 2009.04 (Debian Family)

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Sidux 2009.04 (Debian Family)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:20:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sidux 2009.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Sidux is a distro Iâve never tried before. Its
| a Debian unstable based system with a rolling
| release. Basically, its based upon Debian
| âunstableâ, and instead of having one big
| release that everyone works on, it just
| updates certain packages everytime a new
| version is released. Arch Linux uses the same
| system.
|
| Interestingly, sidux bundles both the AMD64
| and the i386 version on the same disk. While
| this does avoid the problem of installing an
| AMD64 OS on a i386 machine, and then fumbling
| for another disk, it also means you download
| pretty much everything twice: whether you use
| it or not. The Sidux DVD is 2GB in size, far
| too large to fit onto a CD. There is live CDâs
| available in âliteâ editions.
`----

http://thelinuxblog.net/uncategorized/sidux-2009-04/

Recent:

sidux 2009-04 Brings KDE SC 4.3.4 and Linux Kernel 2.6.32.2

,----[ Quote ]
| On the last day of 2009, Stefan Lippers-
| Hollmann uploaded and released the latest
| version of the sidux Linux-based operating
| system (codename "Moros"). sidux 2009-04
| ships with Linux kernel 2.6.32.2, KDE
| Software Compilation 4.3.4, and 3D support
| for ATI Radeon graphics cards. sidux is a
| full-featured Live CD based on Debian Sid,
| with a special focus on hard disk
| installations, a clean upgrade path within
| Sid and supplementary hardware and software
| support.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/sidux-2009-04-Brings-KDE-SC-4-3-4-and-Linux-Kernel-2-6-32-2-130987.shtml

Articles: sidux 2009-03

,----[ Quote ]
| Later than originally planned, we now have
| the pleasure to announce the immediate
| availability of sidux 2009-03 "ÎÏÎÎÏ",
| shipping with kernel 2.6.31 and KDE 4.3.2
| in the following flavours:
|
|     * KDE-lite, amd64, en/ de, â565 MB.
|     * KDE-lite, i686, en/ de, â560 MB.
|     * KDE-full, amd64+i686, en/ de (bg, da, el, es, fr, hr, hu, it, ja, nl,
|       pt, pt_BR, ro, ru through liveapt) â2.1 GB.
|     * XFCE, amd64, en/ de, â495 MB.
|     * XFCE, i686, en/ de, â490 MB.
`----

http://sidux.com/module-News-display-sid-550.html

sidux 2009-03 Has Linux Kernel 2.6.31.6 and KDE 4.3.2

http://news.softpedia.com/news/sidux-2009-03-Has-Linux-Kernel-2-6-31-6-and-KDE-4-3-2-126694.shtml

Sidux 2009-02 - Review and Commentary

,----[ Quote ]
| We decided to take the KDE Lite version of
| Sidux 2009-02 for a test spin and see how
| it fares amidst other debian based
| distributions.
|
| [...]
|
| Sidux is a debian based linux distribution
| that is based on the Sid branch. It
| features KDE and is, for the most part,
| normally not something I would recommend
| for beginning users. This is primarily due
| to it favoring text-based tools as opposed
| to GUI based for things such as package
| installation and the like. This makes it a
| great distribution for intermediate to
| expert users who are looking for an
| optimized debian with KDE 4.3.
`----

http://linuxcritic.com/stories/29-Sidux-2009-03-Review-and-Commentary.html

sidux 2009.02, waiting for antiX M8.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I was going to wait for both sidux 2009.02 and antiX M8.2 to come out, since
| there were test versions of both out earlier this month. antiX has been in
| public testing longer, but anticapitalista wants to get a few things just
| right before releasing. Meanwhile, the public test versions, including the
| Pre Final 1 for antiX M8.2 look very good.
`----

http://usalug-org.blogspot.com/2009/07/sidux-200902-waiting-for-antix-m82.html

sidux 2009-02: A Playground For The Adventurous

,----[ Quote ]
| KIDS these days have amazing play facilities filled with intricate
| log-and-cable structures designed to test their nerve and athleticism.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/07/sidux-2009-02-playground-for.html

Sidux 2009-02 (KDE)

,----[ Quote ]