[News] Gallium3D for Linux Improves, More Graphics Stack Changes

  • Subject: [News] Gallium3D for Linux Improves, More Graphics Stack Changes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:26:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gallium3D Feature Levels Plotted, Discussed

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time we talked about Gallium3D work
| being done by Zack Rusin was just before the
| holidays when he was hacking on new geometry
| shader support. Zack's latest work on Gallium3D
| though is for defining "feature levels" that
| provides a table for what features can be
| supported by a given driver / graphics
| processor.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg3Mw

New EGL Gallium3D State Tracker Pushed

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest work by Chia-I Wu is a new EGL
| driver / state tracker (named "egl_g3d") that
| has just been pushed into Mesa. For those
| unfamiliar with EGL, as described by the
| Khronos Group, "EGL is an interface between
| Khronos rendering APIs such as OpenGL ES or
| OpenVG and the underlying native platform
| window system."
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg3NQ

Pulled: DRI 2.2 Protocol Requests, Swap Events

,----[ Quote ]
| The other part of this work is the new protocol
| requests for DRI2 2.2 and they include
| DRI2SwapBuffers, DRI2GetMSC, DRI2WaitMSC,
| DRI2WaitSBC and DRI2SwapInterval. These
| requests are used for supporting the
| SGI_video_sync, SGI_swap_interval, and
| OML_sync_control GLX extensions. It was back in
| October that we originally talked about these
| DRI2 sync and swap extensions.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg3Nw

Recent:

ATI R300 Gallium3D DRI Support Is "Done"

,----[ Quote ]
| A month ago we shared that the Gallium3D
| driver for the ATI R300/400/500 graphics
| cards (up through the Radeon X1000 series)
| was mostly done. Now today, the key author
| of the R300 Gallium3D driver, Corbin
| Simpson, has updated the status wiki to
| reflect the latest changes. The key change?
| The DRI state tracker report is no longer
| "mostly" implemented, but now it's "done"
| according to Corbin.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY4Ng

Work On X-Video In Gallium3D Is Underway

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this month we shared that X-Video and EXA
| support were coming to Gallium3D in the form of a state
| tracker to accelerate these X.Org APIs across any
| Gallium3D driver.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzU1Nw

Gallium3D's Softpipe Driver Now Runs Faster

,----[ Quote ]
| The softpipe driver will remain an area that's used for
| experimenting with new ideas by developers.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzU1Mg

Gallium3D: TGSI IR, OpenCL, LLVM Work Ahead

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeDesktop.org hacker Zack Rusin has provided an update on his blog about
| some of his recent activities when it comes to Gallium3D.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE2Mw

VDPAU + OpenGL 3.0 On Gallium3D This Summer?

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE0Mg

X@FOSDEM 2009: RandR 1.3, GEM, Gallium3D, Etc

,----[ Quote ]
| All of the recordings from the X.Org meetings that took place during FOSDEM
| 2009 are now available on Phoronix. There were nine topics in total from
| RandR 1.3 to shader compiler optimization strategies.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA2Ng

OpenCL In Gallium3D By Summer

,----[ Quote ]
| Zack Rusin, one of the influential developers behind the Linux graphics
| scene, has blogged about OpenCL support in the free software stack. Just
| yesterday we talked about support for OpenCL in GCC, but Zack's work deals
| with implementing support for the Open Computing Language into the
| open-source X.Org drivers.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzAzMw

Related:

Mesa 7.3 Released, Gallium3D Landing Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Four months after Mesa 7.2 was released, Mesa 7.3 has now officially
| surfaced. Mesa 7.3 has been in testing since earlier this month with it
| having gone through three release candidates. The new features found in this
| latest version of the standard Open-Source OpenGL stack is proper support for
| GLSL 1.20 and the Intel DRI driver now supports the Graphics Execution
| Manager and Direct Rendering Infrastructure 2.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mesa_73&num=1

Gallium3D To Enter Mainline Mesa Code

,----[ Quote ]
| As we shared late last week, Mesa 7.3 is getting ready for release with the
| first release candidate having arrived. Mesa 7.3 will feature improved GLSL
| 1.20 support, support for the Graphics Execution Manager, and Direct
| Rendering Infrastructure 2 integration. The stabilized version of Mesa 7.3
| will then go to make Mesa 7.4.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk4OA

Gallium3D: a short explanation where it fits in

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/gallium3d-a-short-explanation-where-it-fits-in/
http://tinyurl.com/5l7sk5