[News] DivX Converter 2.0 is Out, CrossOver 9.0 is Near, More GNU/Linux Applications News

  • Subject: [News] DivX Converter 2.0 is Out, CrossOver 9.0 is Near, More GNU/Linux Applications News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:28:40 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

DivX Converter 2.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the version 2 of DivX Converter has
| been released. DivX converter is a simple
| Mencoder frontend to Produce DivX Player
| Compatible AVI video format with the ability
| to merge subtitles . It support many video
| and audio filters and many presets.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/divx-converter-20-released

CodeWeavers CrossOver 9.0 coming soon

,----[ Quote ]
| I thought I would give our readers the heads
| up about the soon to be released CrossOver
| 9.0. CodeWeavers CrossOver 9.0 is slated for
| launch sometime towards the end of January
| beginning of February 2010 and represents a
| major step forward for the CrossOver
| product. At this time no definite release
| date is scheduled, but it should be within
| the next month or so.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/news/codeweavers-crossover-90-coming-soon.html

Top 30 math sotwares for Linux !!

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux comes with a virtue of different
| software about Mathematics. Computers are
| very good on Math because after all. To some
| people computers are like super-calculators
| on steroids.Whether you want to program or
| plot, prove theorems or create asthestically
| appealing graphs or charts, there is
| something for everyone in this compilation
| of top 30 math packages available in Linux.
`----

http://en.digitalkamera.com/top-30-math-sotwares-for-linux

Free and Open Source Encryption Software for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the best ways to protect sensitive
| computer data like credit card numbers and
| social security information is to use
| encryption software. Encryption software
| executes an algorithm that is designed to
| encrypt data in such a way that it cannot be
| recovered (decrypted) without access to the
| key. It is a main component of all aspects
| of file protection and computer
| communication. Files on hard drives and
| other removable media, email messages, and
| packets sent over computer networks can be
| made secure by encryption software.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2010/01/free-and-open-source-encryption.html

7 Best Linux Apps for Ripping CDs and DVDs

,----[ Quote ]
| Ripping a CD or DVD is one of the most basic
| tasks for a PC user. But you need the right
| tools if you want to automate the process.
| Current ripping programs incorporate video
| encoding, tagging, and subtitles management.
| There's no single app that will do
| everything, so here are our picks for the
| best Linux apps for ripping audio CDs and
| video DVDs.
`----

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/7_best_linux_apps_ripping_cds_and_dvds

Recent:

Review: Crossover Games (Linux) 8.1.3

,----[ Quote ]
| In this review Crossover Games 8.1.3 will be
| pitted and benchmarked against Wine 1.1.33
| using Everest Ultimate Edition benchmarking
| utilities (don't ask me why I use it.  I just
| happen to have it conveniently on hand.)
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/Review_Crossover_Games__Linux_813/

How Necessary Is Windows? Part 5: Crossover

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.contrapositivediary.com/?p=1006