[News] A Look at Fedora 13 Features, Plans for Fedora 14

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Fedora 13 Features, Plans for Fedora 14
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:34:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fedora 13 Gains Features, Progresses

,----[ Quote ]
| The current Fedora 13 feature list with
| detailed explanations and status information
| is available from the Fedora Project Wiki.
| Yesterday we also delivered the first Fedora
| 13 benchmarks from a nightly build. The final
| release of Fedora 13 is expected in May while
| the first Alpha release is expected to arrive
| in early March.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg4Ng

fedora-release-rawhide coming to a rawhide near you soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I think this is a good thing for our
| users and hopefully wonât inconvenience our
| rawhide folks too much.
`----

http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2010/01/14/fedora-release-rawhide-coming-to-a-rawhide-near-you-soon/

Recent:

Distro Review: Fedora 12

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/12/f12/

Between Fedora 12 and 13

,----[ Quote ]
| So what comes next? Fedora 13 is tentatively
| scheduled for release on May 11, 2010. The
| proposed feature list for this release is just
| beginning to come together, and some possible
| features (such as Btrfs-based rollbacks) do not
| yet appear there. Unsurprisingly, improvements
| to the Nouveau and Radeon graphics drivers are
| on the list. Better online telephony support is
| a possibility for F13 as well.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/364353/

[Fedora] The move to git