Re: [News] Apple sued Again for Patent Infringement

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 18 Jan 2010 11:30 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 16 Jan 2010 06:15 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Between themselves, fuji and agfa, they had the film industry more or
>>> less sewn up.  They were also the dominant player in cheap cameras.
>>> Both of those are gone now, disrupted by electronics.
>>
>> I read it somewhere that Kodak was unique among the bunch.
>>

> Eastman Kodak were certainly very powerful.  Ilford were always the big boys
> in black and white film and paper, though, and are probably the only player
> left, now, although I think they're owned by a Japanese company now.

I found some pages that specifically accuse Kodak of monopolisation.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"Having to infer what Unix is solely from a copy of the GNU Manifesto
is not really an exercise you want to undertake." -- AdB
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached