Re: [News] Decent Applications for Video Editing Do Exist in GNU/Linux

____/ JEDIDIAH on Sunday 17 Jan 2010 18:36 : \____

> On 2010-01-16, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 15 Jan 2010 19:37 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> clearly there is, otherwise we wouldn't keep seeing films rendered in
>>> Linux, however, wehther it's going to be available to purchase, or for
>>> free, is perhaps a different question.
>>
>> The best tools run on Linux and Solaris, but they are super expensive. When
>> people think of video editing they usually think about the middle range (for
>> home use).
>
>     The normal user (that's not trying to act like some artist poser)
>     generally
> means video editing to be something along the lines of iMovie or it's multiple
> Linux and Windows workalikes.
>
> [deletia]

iMovie has a brand name behind it.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

To err is human, to moo bovine. -- BSD fortune file
Cpu(s): 22.6%us,  5.0%sy,  0.1%ni, 70.6%id,  1.3%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.4%si,  0.0%st