[News] Games from Older Days Reborn in GNU/Linux Thanks to Puppy Arcade

  • Subject: [News] Games from Older Days Reborn in GNU/Linux Thanks to Puppy Arcade
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 02:59:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Puppy Linux â Puppy Arcade 5 Super Fast Game Emulator

,----[ Quote ]
| We love Puppy Linux in every form. Puppy
| is fast and light on its feet. The
| addition of games is a fun way to take
| advantage of the nimble Puppy platform. If
| you are a fan of 80âs style arcade games,
| Puppy Arcade is probably the best platform
| for you. Running your games in RAM,
| without ever touching a hard drive, will
| be a cinch with the ease of Puppy Linux.
|
| If you are new to Linux and want to
| experience the sheer speed and fool-proof
| power of Linux, Puppy is the way to go!
`----

http://techexposures.com/2010/01/puppy-linux-arcade-5-super-fast-game-emulator/

Puppy Arcade 5 & Q&A with Scott Jarvis â The puppy goes retro!

,----[ Quote ]
| What was your first computer?  For me I
| started my computing life with a ZX
| Spectrum.  A rubber keyed marvel with a
| massive 48k memory.   It makes me feel
| rather old to think that there are a
| generation of computer users who have
| never experienced loading software from
| tape.
|
| It was only fitting then that my first
| experience of emulation came some years
| later when I owned an Amiga 500 and a
| Spectrum emulator.  Moving on  some years,
| my first emulator on the PC was the
| Windows binary Genem which only reached
| v0.19 and has been discontinued since
| 1997.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/01/18/puppy-arcade-5-qa-with-scott-jarvis-the-puppy-goes-retro/

Recent:

Switching to Linux with Puppy

,----[ Quote ]
| If you would like to be sure that you are
| doing online banking from a clean system,
| just run your operating system of choice
| (Windows/Linux/Mac) everyday and boot from
| the Puppy CD before going to your banking
| site. This is a great way to prevent malware
| keyloggers from stealing your banking
| credentials.
`----

http://systemsengineer.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/switching-to-linux-with-puppy/