[News] KDE 4.4 Preview, "Key Quests"

A Preview of KDE 4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| I saved the best for last. I have long
| believed that applications like
| OpenOffice.org should have support for
| tabbed word processing. It just makes
| sense. Why should tabs be limited to web
| browsers or file managers? With KDE, you
| no longer have to wait on individual
| application developers. The KWin window
| manager itself supports tabbing.
|
| Simply right click on a windowâs title bar
| and select âMove to window groupâ. Then,
| select the window you want to group with
| it. Almost like magic, the two windows
| will become one, and there will be two or
| more tabs in the title bar. But this
| feature is not only limited within
| applications. You can group any
| application with any other. You could
| group a Firefox window with a Konqueror
| one and compare website rendering, which
| is useful for web design. KDEâs window
| specific features also now give you the
| ability to set how you want new windows of
| an application to group. For example, my
| OpenOffice.org documents now automatically
| open in new tabs rather than new windows.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/kde-4-4-preview/2010/01/18

key quest: nepomuk

,----[ Quote ]
| Nepomuk, the "social-semantic desktop"
| framework named with a cute half-dragon
| namesake. It's an amazing set of
| technologies, but there are two huge
| challenges for it in 2010. If we conquer
| those challenges together, we will be
| laughing.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/01/key-quest-nepomuk.html

key quest: mobilizing and enabling KDE users

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE has added new dimensions to our
| repertoire over the last few years. A move
| towards greater awareness that we are part
| of a larger free culture movement that has
| taken hold in various ways and form around
| the world is one such shift. It hasn't
| changed what we do (create client-side
| software with all the trimmings) but it
| has changed some of how we do it and what
| we include in our software.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/01/key-quest-mobilizing-and-enabling-kde.html

Recent:

Software Compilation 4.4 RC1 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, KDE has released the first release
| candidate of the next version of the KDE
| Software Compilation (KDE SC). KDE SC 4.4
| Release Candidate 1 provides a testing
| base for identifying bugs in the upcoming
| KDE Software Compilation 4.4, with its
| components the KDE Plasma Workspaces, the
| Applications powered by KDE, and the KDE
| Development Platform.
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.4-rc1.php

KDE SC 4.4 branched, trunk reopens