Re: [News] Free Software Grew in VoIP, Carries on Growing

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 21 Jan 2010 08:50 : \____

>> Open source VoIP grew as a force in 2009
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The Asterisk community is seeing new
>>| developers join at a rate of almost 60 per
>>| cent a year. The adoption rate for open source
>>| is nearly 80 per cent in some countries.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.telappliant.com/voip-news/19556664/open-source-voip-grew-as-a-force-in-2009/
>>

> Asterisk is an excellent package/system, and I suspect it will continue
> to grow, in the end, I think it will dominate the low to mid-end PBX
> market.
>
>> Sangoma's Serge Forest to Highlight Benefits of Open Source Telephony at
>> ITEXPO East 2010
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| As open source telephony continues to grow in
>>| popularity today, and as the number of open
>>| source IP-PBX (News - Alert) deployments
>>| outnumber PBX installations in North America,
>>| questions over why this is occurring, and how
>>| businesses can benefit have evolved.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/voip-gateways/articles/72545-sangomas-serge-forest-highlight-benefits-open-source-telephony.htm
>>
>> Fonality Serves Its One Billionth Cloud Call: Books Record Quarter and Month
>>
>> http://www.fonality.com/about/news/press-releases/fonality-serves-its-one-billionth-cloud-call-books-record-quarter-and-mont
>>

> "cloud call"?  Isn't marketing great!

Let's call it "Fog call". Clouds have existed for decade, just not under this name.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
roy      pts/0        :0               Sat Jan 16 04:09   still logged in