[News] Milestones and Wins for Free Software Programmers

  • Subject: [News] Milestones and Wins for Free Software Programmers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:20:41 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sauce Labs Announces Sauce IDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Sauce Labs has released Sauce IDE, a record
| and playback system for Selenium tests that
| allows individuals new to Selenium do
| automated application functional testing on
| multiple browsers including Internet
| Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera
| and multiple operating systems, all without
| writing any code.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/linux-open-source/222301578?cid=RSSfeed_DDJ_OpenSource

What Programming Language Should You Learn?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm going to attempt to answer the number-
| one most common technology question on the
| web, and hopefully do it so I can just link
| people here. Wish me luck, I'll need it!
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=what_programming_language_should_you_lea&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Dear Mindless Harbor,

,----[ Quote ]
| (3) Of all things, you're trying to sell me
| design in .NET/ .ASP. Now, can anyone see
| Idiot's mistake? Ah, yes, in the second
| row. A website about Free-and-Open-Source
| Software? Hosted on a Linux server? With an
| email address with the word "Linux" right
| in the string? With numerous posts about
| coding in Python and PHP? Yeah, that does
| raise a red flag, doesn't it?
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=dear_mindless_harbor&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

TeachingOpenSource.org Explains Open Source Programming

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source has bought us some great
| products, but even if youâre a programming
| genius, working out how to get involved in
| a project can be challenging. The
| TeachingOpenSource.org site offers a wealth
| of material to help you learn the basics.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/01/teachingopensource-org-explains-open-source-programming/

New jQuery Forum

,----[ Quote ]
| Today weâre officially announcing the brand
| new jQuery Forum. Weâve been using mailing
| lists, and subsequently Google Groups, over
| the past 4 years to manage the discussion
| and community around jQuery. That
| particular solution has simply not been
| able to scale to our discussion
| requirements both in terms of participation
| and in managing spam.
`----

http://jquery14.com/day-07/new-jquery-forum

Recent:

Learning JQuery 1.3

http://books.slashdot.org/story/10/01/11/1441233/Learning-JQuery-1

jQuery wins Net Awards Open Source Application of
the year award. â Kingin-seo News

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kingpin-seo.co.uk/webmaster-magazine/jquery-wins-net-awards-open-source-application-of-the-year-award-kingin-seo-news/01245