[News] Google Speaks About the Future and Past of Chrome OS (GNU/Linux)

  • Subject: [News] Google Speaks About the Future and Past of Chrome OS (GNU/Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:31:10 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google talks Chrome OS, HTML5, and the future of software

,----[ Quote ]
| I had done my best to sort out the why's
| and wherefore's of Google's first consumer
| OS effort in my initial launch coverage but
| I still had many questions about the past,
| present, and future of the project.
|
| [...]
|
| EB: The way that we've thought about this
| for a while is if you read the Chrome OS
| blog post that we did in July, and you read
| the Chrome browser blog post that we did in
| September in 2008, they're very similar.
| They're essentially the same thing. And the
| reason is because when we were building
| Chrome the browser, we realized that
| everyone is spending their time online. So
| essentially we were trying to build
| something that mimics this operating system
| feelâthere's a task manager in Chrome, and
| that was one of the early additions to
| Chrome.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/01/chrome-os-interview-1.ars

German Publishers Go After Google; Apparently Very Confused About How The Internet Works

,----[ Quote ]
| The publishers are claiming that Google is
| purposely degrading its results (and they
| can prove it!) and at the same time
| complaining that they can't compete against
| those degraded results. Wow.

Did The Automobile Dehumanize Walking? No? Then Does Google Dehumanize Intelligence?

,----[ Quote ]
| The calculator didn't dehumanize math. The
| automobile didn't dehumanize walking. And
| Google, most certainly, has not dehumanized
| intelligence. It's only enabled it to do
| much, much more.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100119/0404397812.shtml

Recent:

Interview: Chrome OS Zeroâs Hexxeh

,----[ Quote ]
| From Chrome OS Diet to Cherry and now the
| latest, Zero, Hexxeh has been the primary
| source for Chrome OS build releases ever
| since Google released the Chromium code to
| the masses in November. Theyâve been
| popular mostly because they work with a
| lot of existing hardware, plus the builds
| are small enough to fit on any USB drive.
| We got a chance to ask some questions of
| Hexxeh, who just released Chrome OS Zero a
| few days ago and talks about how he got
| started, future job prospects and some
| technical features in his latest version.
`----

http://www.thechromesource.com/interview-chrome-os-zeros-hexxeh/

Chrome OS Online Workflows: Photos

,----[ Quote ]