[News] AstLinux 0.7.0 (GNU/Linux) Released to Make VoIP Work Magically

  • Subject: [News] AstLinux 0.7.0 (GNU/Linux) Released to Make VoIP Work Magically
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:05:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

AstLinux 0.7.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The AstLinux Team have release version 0.7.0
| of AstLinux - it has been a while coming but
| has now arrived.
`----

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php?rssid=2333&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AsteriskNews+(Asterisk+News)

Recent:

Telephony Industry Marks Decade Full of Change: Digium

,----[ Quote ]
| With the New Year underway, itâs common for
| many businesses executives to take time to
| reflect on the evolution of their industry
| and where their company stands today. And
| Digium, Inc. the Asterisk (News - Alert)
| Company, is no exception.
|
| Danny Windham, president and CEO, Digium,
| Inc., discussed how the ever-changing
| telephony market reached its current model
| and how open source technology has played a
| role to help reduce margins and costs in
| the communications space at a keynote
| session at ITEXPO today.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/73286-telephony-industry-marks-decade-full-change-digium.htm

Digium Launches Asterisk 'Marketplace,' Upgrades Switchvox UC Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| With the launch of a new marketplace where
| vendors can reach out to integrators and
| solution providers, Asterisk sponsor Digium
| is says it will make available a range of
| products and services based on the open-
| source platform.
`----

http://www.voipplanet.com/news/article.php/3859661

Ifbyphone buys Cloudvox, lets clients build their own open-source telephony apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Ifbyphone, a company offering a suite of its
| own web-based voice and phone applications,
| announced today that it has acquired Cloudvox
| to give its customers the tools they need to
| build their own open-source, customized phone
| applications to fit their business needs. No
| financial deals were disclosed.
`----

http://venturebeat.com/2010/01/20/ifbyphone-buys-cloudvox-lets-clients-build-their-own-open-source-telephony-apps/

Digium Launches Asterisk Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
| At this weekâs AsteriskWorld conference,
| Digium will officially launched Asterisk
| Exchange â an online marketplace that
| allows customers and channel partners to
| piece together solutions involving Asterisk
| (the open source IP PBX). If successful,
| Asterisk Exchange could expand the
| ecosystem for alternative VoIP and unified
| communication solutions. Hereâs the scoop,
| including a FastChat video with Digium CEO
| Danny Windham.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/01/20/digium-launches-asterisk-exchange/

Asterisk-based IP-PBX device adds GSM option

,----[ Quote ]
| Pika Technologies announced a GSM Module
| for its open source Asterisk- and FreePBX-
| based IP-PBX device. The dual-channel GSM
| Module for the Pika Warp Appliance for
| Linux enables PBX developers to offer
| connections to one or more GSM cellular
| networks, offering backup and LCR (least
| cost routing), the company says.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Pika-Technologies-GSM-Module-for-Pika-Warp-Appliance-for-Linux-/?kc=rss

Digium Updates Switchvox 4.5

,----[ Quote ]
| Modern PBX phone systems often have lots of
| capabilities that end-users never actually
| see, since they don't actually directly use
| the PBX -- they use the phones that the PBX
| enables. That's a situation that VoIP
| vendor Digium is aiming to change with the
| new release of Switchvox 4.5.
|
| Switchvox is Digium's commercially licensed
| VoIP IP PBX and was last updated a year ago
| for enhanced unified communications
| collaboration services. Digium itself is
| best known as the lead commercial sponsor
| behind the open source Asterisk IP PBX
| effort, which also serves as the base for
| Switchvox.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/news/article.php/3859681

VoIP 2010: Simplification through Integration

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://sip-trunking.tmcnet.com/topics/sip-trunking/articles/72895-voip-2010-simplification-through-integration.htm