[News] Next Xorg-server Near Release; Element media.OS 1 Reaches Beta

  • Subject: [News] Next Xorg-server Near Release; Element media.OS 1 Reaches Beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:09:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.4.901

,----[ Quote ]
| Not a lot of fixes, LCA rather slowed down the
| patch flow. There's a number of patches in the
| queue for master, so I expect 1.7.4.902 to be
| a bit more exciting.
`----

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2010-January/048852.html

Element media.OS v1.0 Beta Now Available

,----[ Quote ]
| The first beta of what will become Element
| MediaOS version 1.0, an HTPC centric
| distribution based on Ubuntu 9.10, is
| available for testers and developers. Element
| is designed for HTPCs and aims to integrate
| GTK applications into a ten-foot user
| interface through a unique implementation of
| the XFCE environment. Its started as my own
| project to set up an effective media center
| for my own HTPC that would allow me to utilise
| certain GTK applications without straining my
| eyes to read the dialog fonts. I decided it
| would probably be beneficial to other users
| who were seeking something similar so I am
| hoping I can get an active community of media
| center enthusiasts to get behind it and
| support it.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-01-22-024-35-PR-SW

Recent:

[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.3.902

,----[ Quote ]
| The second (and likely last) release
| candidate for 1.7.4 is now available. Dave
| has backported the fb patches to 1.7, as said
| in the commit it's multiple commits from
| master squashed into one to help bisecting.
| That issue should hopefully be fixed now but
| if it comes back, I'll cut another RC before
| 1.7.4.
`----

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-December/048539.html

X Server 1.8 Snapshot 2 Released