[News] New Versions of Wine and Bordeaux Released

  • Subject: [News] New Versions of Wine and Bordeaux Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:14:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Wine development release 1.1.37 is now available.

,----[ Quote ]
| What's new in this release (see below for
| details):
|   - A number of fixes in AVI file support.
|   - Several MSXML improvements.
|   - A few MSI fixes.
|   - Various bug fixes.
`----

http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.37

Bordeaux 2.0.0 for Solaris and OpenSolaris arrives (Wine included)

,----[ Quote ]
| The Bordeaux developers have announced the
| release of version 2.0.0 of Bordeaux for
| Solaris and OpenSolaris. Bordeaux is a GUI
| configuration manager add-on for Wine and is
| also available for Linux and BSD. Wine, which
| is an acronym for Wine Is Not an Emulator, is
| free open source software that allows users to
| run Windows applications on Linux and Unix by
| providing its own native versions of Windows
| DLLs.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Bordeaux-2-0-0-for-Solaris-and-OpenSolaris-arrives-Wine-included-910962.html

Recent:

ReactOS Hits a Fork In The Road

,----[ Quote ]
| So what ReactOS will now start to do, is to
| leverage the work that the WINE project has
| been doing on the win32 system. It's an idea
| that makes a whole lot of sense, seeing as
| WINE has been working at replicating win32
| for years (with some success, just look at
| CodeWeaver's CrossOver apps) while ReactOS
| has been focused on win32 as part of a
| larger open source windows implementation.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/01/reactos-hits-a-fork-in-the-roa.html

Review: Crossover Games (Linux) 8.1.3

,----[ Quote ]