[News] [Rival] Apple's Long Road (Lesser-Known) Failures

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple's Long Road (Lesser-Known) Failures
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:16:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

When Apple gets it wrong: 10 irritations from the last decade

,----[ Quote ]
| As an Apple customer since buying my first
| desktop computer in 1993, I yield to no one in
| my love and admiration for Apple products.
| Apple makes durable, well built machines from
| quality components loaded with well-
| programmed, intuitive software.
|
| It also makes machines that can do stuff that
| no one else's can, such as support its
| operating system in multiple languages,
| straight out of the box. Does your partner
| speak Arabic, Chinese or Japanese? No problem.
| Your account stays in English, your partner's
| in their native tongue. Genius.
|
| But all this Tablet/Slate/flat thing malarkey
| is too much. This is a technology company, not
| a fully fledged religion, for crying out loud.
`----

http://timesonline.typepad.com/technology/2010/01/when-apple-gets-it-wrong.html

Last week:

Woz: Google's Nexus One is my favorite gadget

,----[ Quote ]
| According to NBC Bay Area News, Apple co-
| founder Steve Wozniak was on the set of an
| education program called "NBC Class
| Action" when he was asked an entirely
| innocent question: what is your favorite
| gadget?
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10435979-71.html

Related: