[News] [Rival] Ballmer Again Embarrasses Microsoft in Public

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Ballmer Again Embarrasses Microsoft in Public
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:17:30 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Steve Ballmer defaces fanboi MacBook

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has defaced the
| MacBook Pro of young fanboi, and his sarcastic
| scrawling was caught on video.
|
| [...]
|
| Thanks to AppleInsider, we learned today that
| during a visit to Tennessee's Trevecca
| Nazarene University for a meeting of the
| Nashville Technology Council, Ballmer was
| approached by a long-haired youth who politely
| asked him to autograph his MacBook Pro.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/23/ballner_defaces_macbook_pro/

Ballmer scrawls across a Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, this is only Ballmer's latest
| public run-in with an Apple product. At least
| he didn't pretend to stomp on the MacBook Pro.
| But no doubt this incident will go down as one
| of the greatest stunts in the history of
| Trevecca Nazarene. Writes the unnamed student
| in a blog post: "My apologies for the
| impending apocalypse."
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/01/video_ballmer_scrawls_on_a_mac.html

Symptoms of a company going downhill.

Recent:

 Windows veteran Veghte quits Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Veghte (with whom I spoke briefly by phone
| today) said he had been looking for a new job
| at Microsoft doing something new. That would
| be challenging, given heâs done everything
| from field sales, to working on CE, Office and
| Windows Server. In the end, after meeting with
| CEO Steve Ballmer, he decided to leave the
| company and seek a position elsewhere.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=4988

Related:

Windows exec Poole leaving Microsoft (Update)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, a longtime Windows executive, is
| retiring from the company, according to a report by ZDNet blogger Mary Jo
| Foley this afternoon. No confirmation from Microsoft yet.
|
| Poole would be the latest executive to leave the company since Windows
| Vista's launch. Others include Rob Short and Michael Sievert.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/136482.asp?source=rss

Microsoft Businesss Solutions Group's Burgum to resign

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060912:MTFH70760_2006-09-12_16-35-37_N9C318839&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/h4coe