[News] IBM Plays GNU/Linux Servers Versus Microsoft's Windows

  • Subject: [News] IBM Plays GNU/Linux Servers Versus Microsoft's Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:43:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

IBM's Panasonic win points the way for enterprise collaboration services

,----[ Quote ]
| Panasonic has signed a deal with IBM to migrate
| its global workforce from Microsoft Exchange to
| IBM's hosted LotusLive service. IBM will
| initially migrate 100,000 employees to LotusLive
| iNotes, increasing to 300,000 over time. This is
| one of the largest commitments to cloud services
| by a global enterprise to date, and is a feather
| in the cap for IBM in its struggle with
| Microsoft for email and collaboration seats.
| However, in our opinion this is as much about
| delivering commodity services from the cloud as
| it is about IBM's win over Microsoft.
`----

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=8330

Lotus wins client from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Even though it recently landed a giant software
| deal with Japanese electronics firm Panasonic
| Corp., IBM Corp.âs Lotus unit, based in
| Westford, is still playing catch-up against
| archival Microsoft Corp.
`----

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2010/01/23/lotus_wins_client_from_microsoft/

Panasonic Dumps Microsoft, Goes With IBM

http://katonda.com/news/panasonic-dumps-microsoft-goes-ibm/533/2010

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html