[News] Assortments of Applications for GNU/Linux and Some New Ones

  • Subject: [News] Assortments of Applications for GNU/Linux and Some New Ones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:44:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

6 of the Best Free Linux Office Suites

,----[ Quote ]
| An office suite is a collection of related
| software for business and other uses. The
| software is distributed together in a single
| package, with a consistent graphical
| interface, and with strong interaction
| between the different components.
|
| The types of software included in an office
| suite typically consist of word processing,
| spreadsheets, presentations, database and
| much more. For many users the office suite
| (together with a web browser and email
| client) represents the cornerstone of their
| computing day. A high quality office suite is
| therefore a necessity for any computing
| platform.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100121160634619/OfficeSuites.html

Minitube 0.9 Released (Flashless HD YouTube Video on your desktop)

,----[ Quote ]
| Back to the 0.9 version and the developer
| himself describes the release a more of a
| "polish" than packing in shiny and "mind-
| blowing" new features. As such it fixes many
| issue users - including myself! - have found
| troublesome.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/minitube-09-released-desktop-flashless.html

Chrome now gets Google Voice extension

,----[ Quote ]
| Google last night released the second version
| of its Google Voice Chrome extension with
| some very notable new features.  If you are
| using the Mac or Linux versions of Chrome,
| you'll need to be running a beta version of
| Chrome that supports extensions.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15454/google_chome_now_gets_google_voice_extension?source=rss_blogs

Alarm Clock â An Excellent Alarm Reminder & Scheduler Application [Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| On the whole, Alarm Clock is an excellent
| application that can be used for so much more
| than just alarms. If only it could sync with
| one of the online calendar or scheduling web
| apps, it would be truly awesome. That being
| said, if you can find a use for it in your
| day to day work, it can prove to be much
| easier than using a combination of cron and
| zenity to remind you of tasks that need your
| attention.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/alarm-clock-excellent-alarm-reminder-scheduler-application-linux/

Best Recommended Unix, Linux, Ubuntu RSS Feed Reader

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://mathaba.net/news/?x=622641