[News] [Rival] Microsoft Throws FUD and Lawsuits at Google, Which Gains at Microsoft's Expense

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Throws FUD and Lawsuits at Google, Which Gains at Microsoft's Expense
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:46:18 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Teases Google Over New Storage Service

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft didnât miss the opportunity to
| âpoke funâ at the puny online storage
| capacity offered by the search engine giant
| and said in a statement that âJust a friendly
| reminder that Windows Live has been offering
| its more than 450 million customers 25GB of
| cloud-based storage space for free through
| Windows Live SkyDrive since 2008.â
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/1/14/microsoft-teases-google-over-new-storage-service/

Google Faces German Antitrust Cases From Microsoft, Publishers

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601100&sid=aZeXC.1O9nAU

German News Groups, Microsoft Unit File Anti-Trust Complaints Against Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Eleven-year-old Ciao was in 2005 bought by
| online market research surveys firm
| Greenfield, which was in 2008 acquired by
| Microsoft, which itself is trying to build a
| web ads operation to rival Googleâs.
`----

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-german-news-groups-microsoft-unit-file-anti-trust-complaints-against-go/

Microsoft May Lose More of Facebookâs Advertising Business

,----[ Quote ]
| Facebook stopped using Microsoft this month
| to sell graphical banner ads in some
| international markets. It may also drop those
| ads in the U.S., Robin Domeniconi, vice
| president of U.S. ad sales at Microsoft, said
| yesterday in an interview.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-01-20/microsoft-may-lose-more-of-facebook-s-advertising-business.html

Microsoft Might Lose More of Its Facebook Ad Business (Update3)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aR2sOzU6lm1s

Microsoft, Google snag meetings with Obama

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/75291-microsoft-google-snag-meetings-with-obama

Recent:

Microsoft, German publishers hit Google with anti-trust suits

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has been hit with a barrage of anti-
| trust complaints in Germany, with two
| publisher groups, a mapping firm and a
| Microsoft-owned ad firm launching an
| enveloping movement on the ad broker and
| sometime search firm.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/18/google_germany/

The EC stalks Microsoft again

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard A. Epstein is the James Parker Hall Distinguished Service Professor
| of Law, at the University of Chicago, the Peter and Kirsten Bedford Senior
| Fellow, the Hoover Institution, and a visiting professor at New York
| University Law School. He has consulted from time to time with Microsoft.
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d28ecf10-fd46-11dd-a103-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

Related:

Financial Times on MSOOXML