[News] Ubuntu Software Management Gets More Features

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Software Management Gets More Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:42:06 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Software Centre Gets Star Ratings & Reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| To rate an application in Lucid you will be
| asked to sign in with your Ubuntu 'Single Sign-
| On' account - better known currently known as a
| Launchpad account. (This account will have uses
| further along the line with the Ubuntu Music
| Store. Stay tuned!)
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/ubuntu-software-centre-gets-star.html

Ubuntu: It's time to tackle the marketing machine, open source style

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm sure the community can think of plenty of
| other ways to stir up a frenzy for Ubuntu
| 10.04. But it has to start now. The seed of
| desire must be planted before the sun ever
| shines on this patch of dirt. I am calling out
| the Ubuntu community and throwing down the
| gauntlet. You help make this, you help sell
| this. If you love your distribution as much as
| you say you do, then itâs time for you to take
| your distribution to the masses. And to do
| that, you are going to have to give to Linux
| what Linux canât give to Linux - marketing.
| Itâs the Achillesâ heel of Linux.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1207

Related:

Simple Package management with Synaptic Package Manager in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/simple-package-management-with-synaptic-package-manager-in-ubuntu.html