[News] "Revers[ing] the brainwash Windows has done"

  • Subject: [News] "Revers[ing] the brainwash Windows has done"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 03:31:11 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Geek Quest: All About Linux, But Whereâs the Anti-Virus?

,----[ Quote ]
| To ease my paranoia, Iâm guided to this
| article by techthrob.com. Truth be told, itâs
| hard to reverse the brainwash Windows has
| done, therefore, Iâm still not 100% convinced.
`----

http://sandychen.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/geek-quest-all-about-linux-but-wheres-the-anti-virus/

Linux in the Mainstream, Whoâs Really to Blame?

,----[ Quote ]
| All operating systems have problems. All
| operating systems have benefits and
| weaknesses. I think thatâs an important point
| to remember. The reason that Linux isnât
| mainstream isnât because some doofus had a
| problem installing Firefox, itâs just lack of
| marketing, bad press, lack of commercial
| games, and user ignorance. On the plus side,
| Linux is a wonderful platform filled with
| thousands (millions?) of helpful people that
| share a common interest: they just want to use
| their computer, darn it. I think thatâs
| ultimately why Linux will always be
| âmainstreamâ in my book.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1361

Recent:

One-third of Security Essentials users infected: Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Almost a third of the customers who have
| installed Microsoft's free Security
| Essentials software have been found to be
| suffering from major malware infections.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28745/53/

Related:

Bots rule in cyberspace