[News] Rambus Proceeds to Next Patent Extortion, Annoying Lobbyist for Software Patents Sued

  • Subject: [News] Rambus Proceeds to Next Patent Extortion, Annoying Lobbyist for Software Patents Sued
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 06:22:19 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ITC Judge Rules Against nVidia in Rambus Suit

http://www.internetnews.com/government/article.php/3860586

Fencing and Tollgating the Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| What journalists are missing out on is that
| H.264 is a patented codec, and that the
| patent holders expect to collect royalties.
| The last H.264 patents expire in 2028. Mr.
| Blizzard draws some apt parallels with GIF
| and MP3, and the problems caused when
| patented, royalty-burdened technologies
| collide with a supposedly open and
| unencumbered Web. This is a must-read for
| anyone wanting more good information and
| less not-well-informed cheerleading on
| these issues.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/2010/01/fencing-and-tol.html

IPWatchDog Patent Lawyer Sued by Invention Submission Corporation

,----[ Quote ]
| Patent lawyer Gene Quinn has been sued
|
|     by Invention Submission Corporation
|     (dba Invent Help) in the United States
|     Federal District Court for the Northern
|     District of New York. The complaint ...
|     alleges that I have engaged in false
|     and misleading advertising that has
|     cost Invent Help business. They
|     apparently do not like the fact that I
|     have written about invention submission
|     scams and have recounted the many
|     stories that I have heard from
|     inventors who feel they have been taken
|     advantage of by Invent Help.
|
| Quinn is a notorious (but inarticulate and
| inept) defender of the patent system...
`----

http://www.againstmonopoly.org/index.php?perm=593056000000002431

So Santa did listen last year...

Recent:

Patent Office rejects Rambus claims against Nvidia

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10286290-64.html