[News] Coverage and Review of Powerful CLI-based GNU/Linux Applications

  • Subject: [News] Coverage and Review of Powerful CLI-based GNU/Linux Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:10:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux super-duper admin tools: Strace

,----[ Quote ]
| strace is a mighty tool. It's so simple to
| use, yet it offers rewards almost
| instantly. I do admit it's not for
| everyone, definitely not the majority of
| home users, but with some patience, basic
| investigative instinct combined with a
| curious soul and desire to learn, you can
| put strace to smart use.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/strace.html

New project: marave, a relaxed text editor

,----[ Quote ]
| Marave (nothing, in guaranÃ) is a relaxed
| text editor. Its goal is to let you focus
| in your writing, free of visual
| distractions and clutter.
|
| It is written using PyQt, so it should work
| in all major platforms, and it is licensed
| under the GPLv2 so it is free software.
`----

http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/weblog/posts/BB862.html

Letters and Numbers Learning Game for Kids in Ubuntu Linux : lletters

http://shibuvarkala.blogspot.com/2010/01/letters-and-numbers-learning-game-for.html

Distromania: A Multi-booting Template

,----[ Quote ]
| People often ask why there are so many
| Linux distributions. No one seems to ask
| why there are so many items in a buffet
| spread or so much variety in a botanical
| garden. The large number of distributions
| sure makes it difficult to pick the right
| one for a particular task; but having
| picked the right distribution, you have it
| better adapted for the task at hand.
`----

http://akki4tips.blogspot.com/2010/01/distromania-multi-booting-template.html

Recent: