[News] Support Expands for Ubuntu GNU/Linux Server

  • Subject: [News] Support Expands for Ubuntu GNU/Linux Server
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:42:41 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MSPs Create Managed Services Middleware Market

,----[ Quote ]
| A prime example: Back in April 2009, Austin
| told us Rezitech was leveraging Ubuntu
| Linux at the heart of his data center. Most
| folks consider Ubuntu a desktop operating
| system. But Rezitech spotted the server and
| cloud opportunities early. Now, Austin is
| looking to do the same in the MSP
| middelware market.
`----

http://www.mspmentor.net/2010/01/28/msps-create-managed-services-middleware-market/

Mailspect Announces New Antispam and Email Archive Solutions for Ubuntu Server

,----[ Quote ]
| Mailspect is pleased to announce a new
| email defense and archive solution that
| instantly transforms any Ubuntu server into
| a highly scalable email security and
| archive device. With the introduction of
| our new APT installation a single apt-get
| command will install Mailspect and all
| related components on Ubuntu and Debian
| servers thus providing a substantial
| improvement over the open source antispam
| tools provided in Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11857.html

Another Small Victory for Ubuntu Server Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Each day, the drumbeat for Ubuntu Server
| Edition is getting slightly louder. In
| recent weeks, a growing list of ISVs
| (independent software vendors) has vowed to
| support Canonicalâs Linux server operating
| system. The latest example involves
| Mailspect launching antispam and email
| archiving solutions for Ubuntu Server.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/01/28/another-small-victory-for-ubuntu-server-edition/

Ecocyn Introduces New Epoch Green Solutions for Consolidation and Savings

,----[ Quote ]
| Ecocyn today announced new Linux Ubuntu
| offerings for the Epoch iGx mainframe to
| help clients run smarter and more efficient
| data centers that maximize the use of IT
| resources and reduce energy costs.
`----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/207765

Recent:

Ubuntu Server 9.10 - Review and Commentary

,----[ Quote ]
| We've already taken the time to do an Ubuntu
| 9.10 review as well as Kubuntu and Xubuntu but
| these were all the desktop editions. Today, we
| decided to try something different and take a
| look at Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition and see how
| easy it would be to setup and configure a LAMP
| (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) server.
`----

http://linuxcritic.com/stories/60-Ubuntu-Server-9.10-Review-and-Commentary.html

Ubuntu Server 9.10 Looks Skyward

,----[ Quote ]
| On Oct. 29, Ubuntu Server Edition 9.10 will
| be made available. It features Ubuntu
| Enterprise Cloud, an open source cloud
| computing environment based on the same
| application programming interfaces as
| Amazon EC2. Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition will
| be available on the Amazon EC2 environment
| as an Amazon Machine Image.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/68366.html?wlc=1255539867

Ubuntu Linux adds private cloud backing

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical is touting private cloud
| capabilities in an upgrade to its Ubuntu
| Linux OS being announced on Tuesday.
|
| Available for free download on October 29,
| Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition introduces UEC
| (Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud), an open source
| cloud computing environment based on the
| same APIs as Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute
| Cloud). Businesses can take advantage of
| private clouds, Canonical said.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/ubuntu-linux-adds-private-cloud-backing-494?source=rss_infoworld_news

Canonical Set to Release Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition puts Ubuntu
| users at a unique advantage in being able
| to quickly and simply deploy and manage
| cloud environments. We strongly believe
| that businesses which are already embracing
| virtualized environments, will take the
| next logical step to these self-service,
| super-efficient architectures and that
| Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud will be at the
| heart of that effort," Canonical's Director
| of Corporate Services, Steve George said in
| a statement.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/canonical-set-to-release-ubuntu-9-10-server-edition

Canonical pushes out Ubuntu 9.10 server