[News] Microsoft Sellout Samsung Makes New Phone, Ubuntu Angers with Deal

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Sellout Samsung Makes New Phone, Ubuntu Angers with Deal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:27:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Vodafone 360 Samsung H1

,----[ Quote ]
| The operating system - which is based on
| Linux Mobile - is similar to Motorola's
| Android-based MotoBlur software, but its
| influence over your handset's functionality
| is even greater.
`----

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobile/Vodafone+360+Samsung+H1/handset_review.asp?c=17938

Ubuntu One for Windows & Microsoft cash?

,----[ Quote ]
| I personally migrated to Linux and FOSS
| after repeated let downs by Microsoft
| technology, I am loathed to give my custom
| to them again until they produce something
| which can compete with what I use now;
| thats either directly or indirectly.  I am
| rather disturbed that after years of being
| dictated to as to how to do things by
| Microsoft, when I finally break away and
| get a better experience, I see Microsoft
| trying to creep into that better
| experience.  Having said that Ubuntu is not
| on my main rig.
|
| Conversely though, Canonical deserves to
| make money, as I say Canonical has made a
| great product that many people enjoy, but
| they need to keep in mind that whilst they
| may need revenue to keep âaliveâ, they are
| just as dependent on the users to keep with
| Ubuntu.  Now its obvious that to change
| back to Google is a simple step, but could
| the perception of Yahoo provide  a negative
| feeling from its user base towards
| Canonical?
|
| [...]
|
| With Ubuntu seemingly going in a pro-Mono
| direction, Mr De Icaza getting his MVP &
| Yahoo getting a default search status,
| without conjuring up any allegations of
| foul play, what we can say is Ubuntu seems
| to have a growing Microsoft theme about it.
| (Either directly or indirectly)
|
| And what of GIMP?  Have we had confirmation
| if it is definitely to be left out of 10.04
| and if so replaced with what? A Mono app
| perhaps?
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/ubuntu-one-for-windows-microsoft-cash/

Recent:

The Samsung M1 Vodafone 360 combines functionality and form

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.boosharticles.com/634/the-samsung-m1-vodafone-360-combines-functionality-and-form