[News] GNU/Linux Shown for Ease of Use

Senior Uses Ubuntu System 14 Months Trouble Free

,----[ Quote ]
| MORAL OF THE STORY
| Properly setup and customized for an
| individualâs computing needs, Ubuntu Linux
| can be used successfully and easily by
| anyone of any age and computing ability.
| AND, the problems associated with computing
| under the Windows environment disappear.
|
| My only regret is that I did not start
| looking into and learning about Linux prior
| to 2006.
`----

http://linuxmagazines.com/senior-uses-ubuntu-system-14-months-trouble-free/

Yo momma uses Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I replaced my motherâs PC, and I
| thought I could switch her to Linux. She
| was previously using Windows XP with
| several Open Source applications (Open
| Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc), so I
| decided to install Ubuntu 9.10, since it
| seems that itâs most devoted to non-expert
| users (sheâs over-sixty and not inclined to
| change her computing habits).
`----

http://geekscrap.com/2010/02/yo-momma-uses-ubuntu/

Linux is not hard, it's ignored

,----[ Quote ]
| Honestly, Linux used to be hard to use. Ten
| years ago I could regularly be found
| sweating and cursing in front an
| unresponsive PC, willing the Linux software
| on it to do something, anything to validate
| the many hours I had sunk into getting it
| to run. It was a thankless task with little
| obvious reward but it somehow made sense.
| And when something did work right it was
| like being part of a secret club; a group
| of insiders who knew something more
| important than anyone else. Which probably
| has a lot to do with the way Linux is
| perceived now.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/11309.html

Linux, the chicken and the egg.

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that this is an interesting
| question. Which came first, Linux or the
| device? What do you think? Is Linux
| providing the creative juices for devices?
| Are the devices conceived and Linux is the
| best choice for these devices? You tell me.
| Why are so many new gadgets from
| printers,phones, satellite boxes and just
| about everything under the sun using Linux?
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/linux-the-chicken-and-the-egg-36689

Recent:

Linux Mint: Making Linux easy