[News] KDE SC 4.4 Just One Step Away from Final Release

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC 4.4 Just One Step Away from Final Release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:28:24 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE SC 4.4 RC3 Released

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/02/01/kde-sc-44-rc3-released

Software Compilation 4.4 RC3 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| February 1st, 2010. Today, KDE has released
| the third release candidate of the next
| version of the KDE Software Compilation
| (KDE SC). KDE SC 4.4 Release Candidate 3
| provides a testing base for identifying
| bugs in the upcoming KDE Software
| Compilation 4.4, with its components the
| KDE Plasma Workspaces, the Applications
| powered by KDE, and the KDE Development
| Platform.
| The list of changes between 4.3 and 4.4 is
| especially long. Important changes can be
| observed all over the place:
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.4-rc3.php

KDE SC 4.4RC2 Fedora KDE preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Interested in trying out KDE SC 4.4 but donât
| want to do a full installation, risking
| system instability? Before my presentation at
| Wednesdayâs Phoenix Linux User Group meeting,
| it occured to me that I should bring a live
| image for folks to play with.
`----

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/kde-sc-4-4rc2-fedora-kde-preview/

Recent:

A Look at KDE 4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest version of my favorite desktop,
| KDE SC 4.4, is due to be released in just
| a couple of weeks. Even though itâs still
| in beta, I just couldnât keep my hands off
| of it, being the desktop geek that I am.
| Letâs take a quick look at how KDE 4.4 is
| shaping up during the last leg of its
| development phase.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1356

KDE 4.4 Kreeps Kloser to Komplete

,----[ Quote ]
| This release also includes a whole slew of
| new widgets for KDE. This includes a
| "Webslice" plasmoid to display a part of a
| Webpage, a spellcheck widget, an on-screen
| keyboard, and a blackboard widget that
| allows users to paint with the mouse or
| even multitouch devices "on platforms that
| support them." KDE inherited multitouch
| support from Qt4.6, and could make KDE a
| contender on mobile devices and tablets.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/kde-4-4-kreeps-kloser-to-komplete

KDE Developers to Release RC3 for 4.4

,----[ Quote ]