[News] Top 5 Distributions to Try, A Look at Sabayon, TinyMe, Puppy Arcade

  • Subject: [News] Top 5 Distributions to Try, A Look at Sabayon, TinyMe, Puppy Arcade
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:30:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Five Linux Distros You Should Try

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many Linux distros and we have
| unique reasons to like them. To fully
| master Linux, start with the top of the
| list - the most user-friendly - and slowly
| choose the next one, until you reach the
| bottom of the list - the most challenging -
| where you can get your hands dirty.
`----

http://www.technicant.com/article/85/five-linux-distros-you-should-try

Sabayon 5.1 KDE x86 to Current Sulfur Bash Complete

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow, feels like I havenât blogged in a long
| time.  Time is flying by with the new year
| heading into February already.  I decided I
| would take a look at 5.1 x86 KDE edition
| since itâs been a long time since I have
| messed with x86 and KDE.  I slotted myself
| some time, which was my first mistake as I
| was rushed to it and it came back to bite
| me.  Silly mistakes when rushed can turn
| something into a much longer ordeal.  Iâll
| give you the details.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=307

TinyMe 2010 Beta 2 review, or: is Unity strength?

,----[ Quote ]
| There's a lot of potential in this
| distribution. Speed and memory consumption
| make it a good choice for older hardware.
| There is also hard work to do before final
| release. The choice of browser should be
| rethought (it should be tested on older
| hardware as well). An APM option would be
| nice and the configuration utilities need
| to be finished.
`----

http://hardcoded-dev.blogspot.com/2010/01/tinyme-2010-beta-2-review-or-is-unity.html

Puppy Arcade 6 â The retro pup goes from strength to strength!

,----[ Quote ]
| Wrapped into a small 117mb, Puppy Arcade is
| going from strength to strength.  It bodes
| well for itâs future that so many
| improvements have been made and I would hope
| that Puppy Arcade not only ressurects many
| old machines for retro gaming but also is a
| showcase for the excellent Puppy Linux from
| which its derived from.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/puppy-arcade-6-the-retro-pup-goes-from-strength-to-strength/

Recent: