[News] 10 Reasons to Choose Puppet (Free Software) for Management

  • Subject: [News] 10 Reasons to Choose Puppet (Free Software) for Management
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:08:19 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Puppet versus Chef: 10 reasons why Puppet wins

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're looking for Linux automation
| solutions, or server configuration management
| tools, the two technologies you're likely to
| come across are Puppet and Opscode Chef. They
| are broadly similar in architecture and solve
| the same kinds of problems. Puppet, from
| Reductive Labs, has been around longer, and
| has a large user base. Chef, from Opscode,
| has learned some of the lessons from Puppet's
| development, and has a high-profile client:
| EngineYard.
`----

http://bitfieldconsulting.com/puppet-vs-chef

Puppet, Chef, Dependencies and Worldviews

,----[ Quote ]
| There was a flurry of Puppet Versus Chef in
| last week or so. I donât want to go into
| sorting all the details at this time, but I
| hope I add perspective and clarity to one of
| the subtopics.
`----

http://stochasticresonance.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/puppet-chef-dependencies-and-worldviews/

Recent:

Puppet: configuration management made easy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24679/1231/