[News] Many Free Software Releases: Red Dot, PTS, lm-sensors, ICEpdf...

  • Subject: [News] Many Free Software Releases: Red Dot, PTS, lm-sensors, ICEpdf...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:47:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Release 0.63: Red Dot

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/ReleaseNotes

Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| February 2, 2010 -- Phoronix Media has
| announced the immediate release of Phoronix
| Test Suite 2.4 (codenamed "Lenvik"), as the
| latest update to their open-source testing
| framework that delivers immediate and
| measurable advantages to its customers. The
| Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 software is
| compatible with a greater number of
| operating systems, introduces support for
| mobile platforms, offers a new range of
| test profiles, and other features to
| further solidify its premiere position
| within the computer benchmarking industry.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pts_24_lenvik&num=1

[lm-sensors] lm-sensors 3.1.2 has been released!

,----[ Quote ]
| I just released lm-sensors 3.1.2 as planned
| (well, almost... a few days late.) This is
| a maintenance release with many small bug
| fixes and improvements compared to 3.1.1.
| All users of lm-sensors 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 are
| encouraged to upgrade.
`----

http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2010-February/027759.html

ICEsoft Announces the Release of ICEpdf 4.0 - Open Source PDF Rendering Technology for Java

,----[ Quote ]
| ICEpdf is a lightweight open source Java
| PDF rendering library that can be easily
| integrated within any Java-based client
| application, or deployed on a server in
| headless mode as a PDF Servlet (JSP or
| JSF). ICEpdf is ideal for providing PDF
| viewing and navigation, as well as PDF
| content conversion and extraction, without
| the hassles of Java-to-native integration
| issues.

ActiveState Launches Business Edition - Compliance and Development for Python, Perl, Tcl Now Available

CEsoft Open Sources ICEpdf, Industry-leading Java PDF Rendering Technology

,----[ Quote ]