[News] Free Software and Standards Can Reduce Emissions

  • Subject: [News] Free Software and Standards Can Reduce Emissions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:20:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why Open Source and Open Standards are Essential to Combat
Disastrous Global Climate Change

,----[ Quote ]
| We have to speed up energy innovation to the
| pace demonstrated in the growth of the
| Internet if we are to prevent irreversible
| climate disruptions that will irreparably harm
| the planet for our children and all those that
| follow. The scale and speed of change required
| to ward off disaster cannot be achieved using
| conventional models. We need to constantly
| compress seven years of innovation into one â
| the pace described as innovating on âInternet
| timeâ.
|
| This requires government policy action now to
| drive the adoption of open source methods, and
| open standards for us to move quickly enough
| to ward off this crisis. These open models
| have proved themselves in creating the
| Internet and enabling the extraordinary pace
| of business and societal innovation around it.
`----

http://opensource.com/government/10/2/why-open-source-and-open-standards-are-essential-combat-disastrous-global-climate-ch

Recent:

Copenhagen Climate Council Promotes GNU/Linux on Thin Clients

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/01/31/copenhagen-climate-council-promotes-gnulinux-on-thin-clients/