[News] Texas Linux Fest 2010 to Commence, Texan Children Get Linux Mint

  • Subject: [News] Texas Linux Fest 2010 to Commence, Texan Children Get Linux Mint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 02:07:24 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Registration now open for Texas Linux Fest 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Registration is open to the public for Texas
| Linux Fest 2010, to be held at the Monarch
| Event Center in Austin Texas. The conference
| sessions and expo hall will be open all day
| Saturday, April 10th. Evening social events
| will take place on Friday night (April 9th)
| and Saturday night (April 10th).
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/373013/

The Linux Community - Bringin' it...

,----[ Quote ]
| In order to do that, we not only had to count
| on caring volunteers, we counted on a world-
| wide community to put together the distro that
| works best for us.  That would be Linux Mint.
| We had to count on donations provided by The
| Linux Community to fuel the vehicles needed to
| transport the equipment...something we still
| count upon.  We had to rely upon scripts
| written by people around the world to do the
| network installations.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/linux-community-bringin-it.html

Recent:

Final chapter looms for textbooks in Texas

,----[ Quote ]
| Textbooks could be going the way of slide
| rules and Big Chief tablets within a few years
| in Texas classrooms.
|
| State legislation passed in the spring could
| put up-to-the-minute instructional content at
| students fingertips â either online or in
| customized printed form â eliminating the
| mass-market hardback textbook.
|
| The sea change could happen sooner rather than
| later, beginning as early as the 2010-11
| school year.
`----

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6734021.html

Texas Group Brings Linux Computers Home