[News] Good Reviews of Clonezilla and Pardus 2009.1

  • Subject: [News] Good Reviews of Clonezilla and Pardus 2009.1
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 01:58:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Clonezilla (Live & Server Edition) review

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever experienced a computer crash the day
| before you have to turn in an important
| project? As we all know, backups are your
| best friends in such situations. There are
| several types of back-up systems out there
| today. One method is to clone your hard
| drive, so that you can restore everything
| as it was in the event of a crash. There
| are a few software packages, both
| commercial and free, which help you to do
| this. Norton Ghost is probably the most
| commonly used solution for years. But letâs
| take a look at Clonezilla, which is an open
| source alternative that gives Ghost a run
| for its money.
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/clonezilla/

Pardus 2009.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, Pardus is an excellent
| distribution, a pleasant surprise to people
| like me who like to pick random distros on
| distrowatch and try them. I almost had a
| religious experience with it, amazed at how
| well a distribution could be made at great
| detail. Back in the Pardus 2009 days, I
| remember all linux distros failed to bring an
| out of the box stable KDE 4 system that looked
| nice, but Pardus did that, and now with KDE
| 4.3 itâs even better. Unfortunately their lack
| of packages made me switch to another
| distribution after a couple of days, but it is
| perfect for people who donât demand a big
| collection of packages, the everyday man/woman
| who just want to work using the usual tools.
| If you want to recommend a very nice, stable
| and functional KDE distribution you should
| really take Pardus into consideration.
`----

http://distrocheck.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/pardus-2009-1-review/

Recent:

Clonezilla Live Images Disks For Free--And For Geeks Only

,----[ Quote ]
| Although free disk imaging sounds enticing, Clonezilla Live
| is only for more advanced users. The program runs off of a
| Linux Live CD (or USB flash drive), and it worked perfectly
| for me. But to be blunt: The Linux command line and
| character-based dialog UI makes R-Drive Image's character-
| based GUI, which most people find intimidating, look like
| Mac OS X.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/15/AR2009091503186.html

Review: CloneZilla 1.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm really impressed with CloneZilla. While it's not
| graphically driven like Parted Magic is, it's still very
| easy and intuitive to use and one I would recommend for
| newer users (but not complete newbies) to use when copying
| or cloning their hard drives.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=508

Related:

Manage partitions and disks with GParted-Clonezilla live CD

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115208