[News] [Rival] Microsoft: Closed for Business, Service Downtime Issues

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Closed for Business, Service Downtime Issues
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:34:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Entrepreneur finds Microsoft closed for business

,----[ Quote ]
| A PERTH small-business owner has been at his
| wits' end trying to register a legitimate copy
| of Microsoft Office on the software giant's
| own website.
|
| Jim Embury, a safety and risk consultant for
| the oil industry, has been talking to
| Microsoft Australia's hotline personnel over
| the course of more than a week to resolve the
| matter, but there's no end in sight.
`----

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/entrepreneur-finds-microsoft-closed-for-business/story-e6frgakx-1225823425726

"Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."

- --Arno Edelmann, Microsoft's European business security product manager
        http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39286351,00.htm

Recent:

Microsoft's Xbox Live hit with additional outage

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10055803-75.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20