[News] Android/Linux Best Hits, New Bargain

6 of the Best Android Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Android is the name given to a mobile
| operating system using a customised version
| of the Linux kernel. It was first released in
| late 2008. The platform enables developers to
| write code in the Java language, controlling
| the device via Java libraries developed by
| Google.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100206062016681/Android.html

Google/HTCâs Nexus One is only $49 (in a manner of speaking)

,----[ Quote ]
| Would you like to get the Google/HTC Nexus
| One Superphone for a cool $49?
|
| What if I also threw in the unlocked version
| of the phone?
|
| Now what if I also said you donât need to
| sign a two year contract?
|
| [...]
|
| So, Google/HTC could have very easily made
| this one phone model compatible with not only
| T-Mobile and AT&T, but pretty much any 3GSM
| network worldwide if they only included the
| right combination of power amplifiers.
| According to iSuppliâs teardown of the Nexus
| One, the four small power amplifiers that are
| in the Nexus One only account for $2.20 in
| manufacturing costs. $2.20! How much more
| could a different combination of power
| amplifiers have cost? Maybe another $2 (at
| most)?!
`----

http://www.gadgetopolis.com/posts/7315

Make sense of the Android buzz with this cheat sheet

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/smartphones/?p=136

Recent:

Android Tablets vs. Apple iPad: Comparison/Review

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://phandroid.com/2010/01/29/android-tablets-vs-apple-ipad-comparisonreview/