[News] How Microsoft/Apple AstroTurfers Operate and When

  • Subject: [News] How Microsoft/Apple AstroTurfers Operate and When
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 03:23:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Once scorned, twice as nasty

,----[ Quote ]
| I speak of course, of the troll wars
| pertaining to Linux vs Windows vs Mac. Now,
| unfortunately, Macs tend to get away pretty
| well in these arguments, because regardless
| of how much open source software they steal
| and how much they try to push forward the
| boundaries of Vendor Lock-In, they are still
| the under dog in comparison to Microsoft, so
| MOST people, tend to leave them alone. The
| troll wars that I am particularly interested
| in, are those that follow the blog posts of a
| certain Steven J Vaughan-Nichols (Or SJVN to
| most of us).
`----

http://www.prodigalprogramming.com/2010/02/08/once-scorned-twice-as-nasty/

Related:

Mercury News writer accuses Microsoft of Bribery

http://www.1pstart.com/mercury-news-writer-accuses-microsoft-of-bribery/

Bribing Bloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a bribe. Period. You say nice things about us, you get nice
| things from us. Heck, just say neutral things about us-we'll give
| you a killer new laptop and we know that you'll be inclined to say
| better things about us.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2077596,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Microsoft Sent A Free Laptop With Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://laughingsquid.com/microsoft-sent-a-free-laptop-with-windows-vista/