[News] A Look at GNU/Linux/GNOME Application Tailored for Small Devices

  • Subject: [News] A Look at GNU/Linux/GNOME Application Tailored for Small Devices
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:03:04 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Anjal: GNOME's Evolution for Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| One unforeseen benefit of the rise of
| netbooks is the rethinking of desktop
| interfaces. Compared to workstations,
| netbooks have smaller screens and less
| memory, and developers generally assume that
| users do less demanding tasks on them. As a
| result, developers are starting to redesign
| interfaces to function better within these
| constraints.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3863781/Anjal-GNOMEs-Evolution-for-Netbooks.htm

Recent:

A Few New Features In Gnome-Shell

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME-Shell needs no introduction. Iâm sure
| many of you all know what it is, have opinions
| on it and probably you will have tried it out.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/02/few-new-features-in-gnome-shell.html

Gnome-Shell, I changed my mind

,----[ Quote ]
| What is nice about the gnome-shell concept,
| is the use of virtual desktops, I know they
| have always been there, but it makes it a
| natural intuitive task. Switching
| applications from one desktop to the other
| is a pleasure, that makes it easy to
| configure your desktops the way you want it
| quickly...
`----

http://distrocheck.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/gnome-shell-i-changed-my-mind/

Gnome 3 Usability Hackfest