[News] GNOME Desktop and Ubuntu GNU/Linux in Review

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Desktop and Ubuntu GNU/Linux in Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:13:33 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 9.10 and GNOME 2.28: Advancing Past Meh

,----[ Quote ]
| Many eons ago, GNOME 1.4 still lived, and it
| was good. It was extremely configurable and
| hackable. You could use either Enlightenment
| or Sawfish as the window manager, and could
| customize it to your heart's content. It was
| even friendly to homegrown GTK+ hacks. And
| then tragedy struck: the GNOME maintainers
| decided that 1.4 needed a ground-up rewrite,
| and thus GNOME 2.0 was born.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6976/1/

Home, Events, and Ubuntu :-)

http://amber.redvoodoo.org/2010/02/home-events-and-ubuntu.html

Ubuntu Marketing Focus

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a discussion going on in the
| Ubuntu Marketing teamâs mailing list about
| creating Ubuntu videos in order to
| advertise Ubuntu to normal users. We got
| onto talking about existing adverts from
| Microsoft and Apple and I thought Iâd share
| with the wider community my thoughts.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/ubuntu-marketing-focus/

Working with Ubuntu One

,----[ Quote ]
| I've only recently come back to using the
| Ubuntu One service; I gave up on it the
| first few times I tried it. For one thing,
| I wasn't happy with the way it created
| conflict files here and there. In part, I
| should have expected such behavior, but at
| the time, I found it too annoying and just
| switched back to using my good ol' flash
| drive.
`----

http://ubuntuliving.blogspot.com/2010/02/working-with-ubuntu-one.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10 on Dell Latitude D820 Laptop

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/?p=1535