[News] Explanations with Analogies of What GNU/Linux Really is

  • Subject: [News] Explanations with Analogies of What GNU/Linux Really is
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:37:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Telling the Linux Story

,----[ Quote ]
| So, this morning, I tried something new: with
| a little video capture with RecordMyDesktop
| and a little editing from kdenlive, I was able
| to put together a (very) rough concept of what
| one user's search for Linux just might look
| like.
|
| It was a fun thing to do in just an hour's
| time, and I may donate it as a demo video to
| the Linux Foundation's new We're Linux video
| contest, if they want it. (It's too long for
| the contest, and I would recuse myself from
| participating, anyway.)
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/96170/telling-linux-story

Linux stays single while others are married.

,----[ Quote ]
| Other operating systems are not so happy go
| lucky as Linux is. They tend to make a
| lifetime commitment to their installed home
| and really do not like too much change. So
| much so that these operating systems are
| always calling back to their parents and
| keeping them informed of their living
| arrangements. They really are a stickler for
| this and while these operating systems can be
| commended for their loyalty and commitment,
| they do tend to become rather a stick in the
| mud when it comes to change. To keep these
| operating systems from grumbling too much it
| is advisable to keep it living in its home,
| unchanged, for its natural lifetime.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/linux-stays-single-while-others-are-married-36855

Recent:

Promoting FOSS with Analogies: Ford vs BK

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/promoting_foss_with_analogies_ford_vs_bk/