[News] Mozilla Developer Preview and Exciting Developments for Thunderbird Are Coming

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Developer Preview and Exciting Developments for Thunderbird Are Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:01:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download

,----[ Quote ]
| A Mozilla Developer Preview of improvements
| in the Gecko layout engine is now available
| for download.  This is a pre-release
| version of the Gecko 1.9.3 platform, which
| forms the core of rich Internet
| applications such as Firefox. Please note
| that this release is intended for
| developers and testers only. As always, we
| appreciate any feedback you may have and
| encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2010/02/10/mozilla-developer-preview-gecko-1-9-3a1-available-for-download/

Thunderbird in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| 2010 will be a big year for Thunderbird.
| Last year, we launched Thunderbird 3, which
| is a huge milestone for us. In this post,
| Iâd like to give people a heads-up as to
| what the coming year will look like. Iâll
| focus on three topics: our plans for
| innovation through add-ons, Thunderbird
| 3.1, and our first steps towards making
| Thunderbird self-sustaining.
`----

http://ascher.ca/blog/2010/02/10/thunderbird-in-2010/

Mozilla Dropping Firefox Support for Mac OS X 10.4

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3863646/Mozilla-Dropping-Firefox-Support-for-Mac-OS-X-104.htm

Firefogg: Transcoding videos to open web standards with Mozilla Firefox

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/firefogg_transcoding_videos_open_web_standards_mozilla_firefox

Make Thunderbird Deliver Top-Right Notifications in Ubuntu

http://lifehacker.com/5468584/make-thunderbird-deliver-top+right-notifications-in-ubuntu

Recent:

Mozilla Thunderbird 3 review

,----[ Quote ]
| While it offers advanced features that enable
| greater fine-tuning of settings than Mail,
| Thunderbird's biggest selling point is its
| expandability. It supports hundreds of
| extensions including calendars, antispam,
| themes and encryption. Thunderbird can also run
| off a USB stick.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/utilities/other-software/mozilla-thunderbird-3-668499/review

Mozilla releases Thunderbird 3.1 Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the developers, one of the main
| goals for the Thunderbird 3.1 Alpha 1 release
| is "to find out about possible problems caused
| by the changes in the underlying platform".
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Mozilla-releases-Thunderbird-3-1-Alpha-1-924163.html

Mozilla Messaging building nest for Thunderbird 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/12/mozilla-messaging-building-nest-for-thunderbird-31.ars