[News] Large Business Chooses Free Software, Some Companies Still Asleep

  • Subject: [News] Large Business Chooses Free Software, Some Companies Still Asleep
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:02:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

General Motors using Drupal

http://buytaert.net/general-motors-using-drupal

Three signs your corporate culture isn't ready for the open source way

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a good bet that the next generation of
| defining companies will have corporate
| cultures built the open source way-- around
| openness and collaboration, while fostering
| community and culture that extend outside
| the company walls.
|
| In fact many of the defining companies of
| the first decade of this century show these
| characteristics (with one very notable
| exception we discussed earlier).
`----

http://opensource.com/business/10/1/three-signs-your-corporate-culture-isnt-ready-open-source

OpenGeo proves non-profit â non-commercial

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenGeo is primarily targeting governmental
| organizations as a means of helping them
| fulfill the requirements of the Open
| Government Directive and enable more
| participation and collaboration with
| government data.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2010/02/10/opengeo-proves-non-profit-%E2%89%A0-non-commercial/

Recent:

NVidia using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| NVidia recently launched their new Tegra
| developer community on Drupal.
`----

http://buytaert.net/nvidia-using-drupal

Drupal Goes Hosted With Private Beta Launch of âGardensâ (Invites)

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source content management system
| Drupal is increasingly being used by
| organizations, corporations and governments
| to power their websites and communities.
|
| To name but a few entities who rely on
| Drupal for their websites: The White House,
| AT&T, Intel, BBC Magazines, Forbes,
| Stanford University, Reuters and Procter &
| Gamble (and plenty more where that came
| from).
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/drupal-garden/