[News] The Importance of Web Neutrality and the Madness of DRM Exemplified

  • Subject: [News] The Importance of Web Neutrality and the Madness of DRM Exemplified
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:43:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Net Neutrality Means No More iPhones

,----[ Quote ]
| The Reason Foundation releases my policy
| brief today looking at the effect network
| neutrality regulation will have on wireless
| applications and services.
|
| Much has been written about the deleterious
| effect that regulating network management
| would have on broadband investment and
| innovation, and when applied to wireless,
| which is what FCC Chairman Julius
| Genachowski proposes to do, problems would
| only get worse.
`----

http://techliberation.com/2010/02/11/net-neutrality-means-no-more-iphones/

Bioshock 2 Pirated: No Wonder They Went Mad With DRM

,----[ Quote ]
| We wonder why every publisher freaks out
| about digital protection. Cmon, they have
| their reasoning! Even though there are
| better methods that could be enacted, i
| think not wanting to have your hard work
| yanked from you by a couple dweebs with
| advance copies is a completely valid
| arguement. Of course, I am not painting
| myself as The Holy Jesus of Video Games. I
| definitely dabble in the illegal file
| sharing world as well, no doubt about it.
| All Iâm saying is, would you rip off a
| hardworking development team who put so
| much blood sweat and tears into their
| product before they even get a chance to
| SELL IT!?
`----

http://blog.wirebot.com/2010/02/05/no-wonder-they-went-mad-with-drm-bioshock-2-officially-pirated/

Recent:

The iPad is DRM doom, says DRM doom group

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mac.blorge.com/2010/02/09/the-ipad-is-drm-doom-says-drm-doom-group/