Re: [News] RMS GNU/Linux-Libre is Announced

____/ Marti van Lin on Saturday 13 Feb 2010 07:37 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> RMS GNU/Linux-Libre!
>>
>> http://www.fsf.org/translations/it/rms-mostly-slax-ita/view
>>
>> RMS GNU/Linux-Libre!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | RMS GNU/Linux-Libre is a project to create a
>> | complete free software distribution of
>> | GNU/Linux that's small enough to run on a USB
>> | key, or pendrive.
>> `----
>>
>> http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:OcX9unQQRpkJ:www.fsf.org/blogs/community/rms-mostly-slax+RMS+GNU/Linux-Libre&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
>
> Whoah! I downloaded and just tested it on Acer Aspire 7220, from a 1 GiB
> USB pendrive.
>
> A very promising lightweight distribution, it feels even faster and
> lighter then Puppy.
>
> I first booted the default mode, which was already snappy.
>
> Second time I used the "copy to RAM" mode, which only requires 300 MiB
> RAM and doesn't take long (even the copy process is fast).
>
> Everything worked (video, audio, LAN etc.) excluding the Atheros
> Wireless adapter, but I have a solution for that ;-)
>
> Most certainly a very interesting distro.
>
> Cheers

When I saw the name of the distro, the first thing that came to mind was:

"When I do this, some people think that it's because I want my ego to be
fed, right? Of course, I'm not asking you to call it "Stallmanix"!"

		--Richard Stallman

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
roy      pts/0        :0               Fri Feb 12 10:02   still logged in