[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Future and Drivers

Is There an Ubuntu 10.04 in Your Future?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 10.04, aka Lucid Lynx, is an LTS
| (Long Term Support) release. This means
| that this version of Ubuntu will be
| supported for five years after its release.
| The last LTS was Ubuntu 8.04.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story260337.html

I'm not driven by Microsoft hatred: Shuttleworth

,----[ Quote ]
| The blog post had listed a number of
| reasons why the writer thought Ubuntu was
| allegedly becoming the new Microsoft: the
| inclusion of Mono as a default; the
| creation of Ubuntu One, a proprietary
| software repository; removing the GIMP and
| other applications from Ubuntu; changing
| the default search engine to Yahoo!;
| discussion about what proprietary
| applications should be included in the
| Ubuntu repositories; and the appointment of
| Matt Asay as chief operating officer.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/36820-im-not-driven-by-microsoft-hatred-shuttleworth

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 180

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter,
| Issue #180 for the week February 7th -
| February 13th, 2010. In this issue we
| cover: Ubuntu Opportunistic Developer Week:
| Call For Participation, Interview With Jono
| by Joe Barker, Interview with Dustin
| Kirkland, Ubuntu Core Developer about
| encryption in Ubuntu, Upcoming Ubuntu
| Global Jam and your Loco Team, Ubuntu
| Honduras Loco Team at the T3 conference,
| Call for feedback on preferred desktop
| fonts, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue180