Re: Microsoft gets a $100 Million Annual Tax Cut, Possible Amnesty on Past Tax Evasion

____/ GreyCloud on Tuesday 16 Feb 2010 15:47 : \____

> Richard Rasker wrote:
>> http://microsofttaxdodge.com/2010/02/washington-state-about-to-give-microsoft-a-100-million-tax-cut-annually.html
>>
>> Yup, giving huge tax cuts to the rich is what this bill aims for:
>>
>> http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=3176
>>
>>  "Increasing state revenues to preserve funding for education, public
>>   safety, health care, and safety net services for elderly, disabled, and
>>   vulnerable people by preventing abusive tax avoidance transactions,
>>   narrowing or eliminating certain tax preferences, and providing equitable
>>   tax treatment."
>>
>> Have I lost my understanding of the English language? How does giving a huge
>> tax break "increase state revenues"? And how does amnesty on past tax
>> evasion "prevent tax avoidance transactions"? And how on earth does leaving
>> the rich even more money "provide equitable tax treatment"?
>>
>> Now who would be responsible for a bill like this in these dire times for
>> the state of Washington? Ah: "Rep. Hunter is a former Microsoft general
>> manager."
>>
>> OK, so it's just abuse of power, corruption etc. on behalf of Microsoft.
>> Nothing new here. Let's be moving along...
>>

> Major Corporations do not pay taxes.

Why would they if they run the system?

Former Microsoft manager engineers tax break

,----[ Quote ]
| IT SEEMS THAT old loyalties carry a lot of weight for a former
| Microsoft manager who entered politics.
|
| Facing a $2.8 billion deficit and pending insolvency,
| Washington State's House of Representatives has pending
| Bill 3176, which mysteriously proposes changes to the state
| B&O royalty tax that would give Microsoft an estimated $100
| million tax cut annually and possible amnesty for more than a
| billion dollars in alleged past tax evasion.
|
| [...]
|
| While the shy and retiring Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer
| claims that the Vole honours its local communities by providing
| transparency in its business practices he doesn't say
| much about the company's Nevada tax dodge.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1592048/former-microsoft-manager-engineers-tax-break

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

.oÊÊ sÉ buÄÉÊ ÉÉns ou s,ÇÉÇÉÊ 'ÉÇpuÇq 'ÊÉÉoÊ Ê,uop :ÊÉÉ
.oÊÊ É ÊÉs Ä ÊÉbnoÉÊ Ä puÉ ...ÇÉÇÉÊÊÉÇÊÇ soÉÇz puÉ sÇuo .ÉÉÇÉp 1nÉÊÉ uÉ ÊÉÉÊ 'ÉÉÉÉ :ÉÇpuÇq