Re: [News] EMI/MAFIAA Uses AstroTurf Techniques

____/ High Plains Thumper on Tuesday 16 Feb 2010 03:50 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper on Monday:

>>> All of this is done to prevent productive posting in COLA.  It is
>>> down to discourage posters.  Message is, "If you post in COLA and
>>> it reflects favourably on Linux or negatively on Microsoft, we will
>>> slime your name."
>>>
>>> It is a reflection of criminal activity, no doubt.
>>
>> This sums it up correctly. The trolls/shills still try to
>> paint/portray all advocates here as "liars", in need of medication,
>> having a gender complex, molesting children, having affairs with each
>> other, etc.
>
> Yes.
>
>> Given that the United States government and the military use the same
>> techniques (in China they are called "50 centers"),
>
> I'm not sure what you mean there.  I have never heard of "50 centers".
>
>> I doubt the FTC will be able to do much to correct it.
>
> You saw how that Judge Jackson was removed from his further involvement
> in the case and his recommendations that the corporation be broke up
> into units to end the monopoly never happened, and what occurred after
> was very watered down action.
>
>> Microsoft wants to be seen as professional whereas other forums
>> become a jungle.
>
> I haven't paid much attention to the other forums except for occasioning
> CSMA.
>
>> "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with
>> mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter
>> Bunny, and OS/2." Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts,
>> newsgroups, whatever. Make the complete failure of the competition's
>> technology part of the mythology of the computer industry. We want to
>> place selection pressure on those companies and individuals that show
>> a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies, to make the
>> industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
>> time."
>>
>> --James Plamondon, Microsoft Technical Evangelist. From Exhibit 3096;
>> Comes v. Microsoft litigation
>
> Yes, even I have quoted that.  I thought the Comes exhibits to be very
> condemning of Microsoft's actions through its leaders.

This leak has already been used against Microsoft, in many  areas in fact.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached